Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shepherd's Bush Trip - day 5 continues

As you can tell from my having to continue day 5, it was a really jam packed day!  We had class all day and then festivities that night!  This will be the last of the Shepherd's Bush trip posts.  Sniffle!  So let's get on with it, shall we?! 
 
We had a little time to go back to the room and get ready for our Christmas dinner. We all decided to wear our best Christmas sweaters. Mine is a golden oldie circa 1987 back in the days of appliqued sweatshirts. Yes, I made this one myself too.  Good times! My peep in the green shirt gifted us all with our "hats."

You see, we had the 5 days of Christmas in our room complete with a tree and stockings! Every morning we'd wake up and Santa had left us something new on the mantel with our stockings. Now did I get a picture of this cuteness? Ummm....that would be a no! I know, I can't believe it either.  Okay, moving on...

Before dinner started everyone who brought an ornament got to pick a number out of a basket.  You had to make sure it wasn't the number you were given when you dropped off your ornament at the registration table.  Later I'll show you all the ornaments but first let's look at the table!

Here's our beautifully decorated dinner table!

This was our menu and salad.

This was dessert!  Little lemon bundt cakes.  Isn't the presentation lovely?  I didn't eat the flower but I was told it was edible.  The sticks were made out of white chocolate!

Before the festivities began we were serenaded with Christmas carols by the good sports that were the husbands/men in the room.  They actually did a really good job singing too!  Then we played a rousing game of Christmas trivia.  No, our table didn't win.  Bummer!

You may have noticed these stockings in the picture above.  All of us got a "stocking" that had the cutest red and white polka dotted boxes in them. You know how I love my polka dots!  Especially red and white ones!

Inside each were these super cute holly scissors with these tiny fobs. There were two different fobs. One that said "naughty" and one that said "nice."  You can guess how thrilled I was to get the naughty one. Yep, that's me to a "T." It's so fun to be naughty!

This is a craptastic picture but it gives you the idea of how many ornaments showed up for the exchange.  You'll remember a while back I showed you mine here.  We each paid $5 to help raise money to purchase an animal for a needy family from heifer.org.  We raised enough money to buy 9 sheep!

I took a lot of ornament pictures and that's why I wanted to do a separate post about the evening's festivities.  I thought you'd enjoy seeing them leisurely.  Go grab a cup of tea and enjoy!

There's mine in the upper right corner.  Loved all these!

Don't you just love Santa in his cowboy hat?  I wonder who designed that one?

Two super cute Shepherd's Bush pieces.

Love both of these.  Especially those squirrels!

 The "Love and Joy" one is the one I got!

I wanted this one so bad I could hardly stand it!
Does anyone know where I can beg, borrow or trade for this one?

One of my peeps got this one.  It's in the new JCS issue.

Homespun Elegance always does a good Santa!

This one was done by one of the Shepherd's Bush girls.

So was this one.  It's the retreat fob turned into a pillow.

Love that wonky tree.

OMG, everyone wanted this one!!!

 Gotta love a good Prairie Schooler!

Love this sweet fluffy sheep.

The skater is a Mary Garry, also a hard one to find!  Another one of the peeps got the SB sheep necklace.  I wanted that in the shop but they were sold out!
 
This was our view at the Salt Lake City airport terminal while waiting for our airplane to come take us home.  Just look at those mountains in the distance.
 
Here we are, homeward bound again!  It was a great retreat and I had the best time.  My peeps all had a great time too.  I think we were all sad to leave but I know we are looking forward to next time too!
 
I hope you enjoyed my recap as much as I did writing it.  I felt like I got to relive the week all over again!  Thanks so much for visiting with me and thank you for the wonderful comments too.  I'm glad you enjoyed the posts.
 
 
Until next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

BrendaS said...

Lisa -- It's been fun reading about your trip! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time:)

I "think" I have the design you are looking for. Let me check when I get home and if I do I will let you know. I would be more than happy to send it to you!

BARBARA said...

My daughter and I have so wanted to go to Teri and Tina's retreat and you have made it possible to at least be there in spirit....a wonderful journal of a fun time!

Deborah said...

I have loved your posts on the Shepherds Bush Retreat! It looks like everyone had a fabulous time.

Margaret said...

I've so enjoyed reading about and seeing pics of your travels. Just wonderful!! Thanks so much for the treat!

HM said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to recap the retreat. I had so much fun reading these posts and looking at all the pictures! It sure looks like a lot of fun!!!!!

BrendaS said...

Lisa -- I do have the ornament you are looking for. It's a complete kit from Bent Creek.

E-mail me your information and I will get it out to you:))

Judy said...

Everything about your retreat sounds fantastic. And you did such a great job sharing it with us. Now we can look forward to all of your finished projects!

Judy Hearyland stitcher

Annette-California said...

I want you to know that I got ready for this last post. I made myself a nice tall cup of Hot Chocolate and totally took my time reading and studying all the ornaments. Such a incredible time & trip you had. Thank you so very much for sharing with us. LOVED IT!

Giovanna said...

The ornaments are all gorgeous, and so do the table and food - thanks again for sharing so many pictures.

pj said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences at retreats. You did a great job and I loved the pics. I registered and was on the waiting list so didn't get in on time but so wanted to be there. Glad you enjoyed it and had such a wonderful experience with friends. Loved the ornament exchange. Lucky you!

Mindi said...

Ha! I had to trade to get my Naughty scissors. Obviously the elves didn't realize where I'd be sitting for the dinner. I received the ornament pictured right next to the one you received.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A fantastic selection of ornies, I'd have been happy to get any of them!
How great that Brenda has the very chart that you love so much too.
I bet you're looking forward to next year already.

Laura said...

Thanks for the recaps!!!!! I loved seeing all the ornaments!!! This looks like a trip of a lifetime!!! So glad you got to go and had such a great time!