Friday, July 22, 2011

BBD progress report

Blackbird Designs - Hedgerow Birds Side 2 progress

Firstly, I want to say a great big thank you to all who have taken the time to leave me a note.  I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them!  I also want to welcome all the followers who have joined this little thing of mine.  I am so amazed that anyone other than my peeps is actually reading my ramblings.  I am humbled and thankful.  Really!

Tonight I thought I'd show you my progress on the Blackbird Designs - Hedgerow Birds.  I really got a good run on it last weekend and have put a stitch or two in this week when I got the chance.  You'll have to pardon the wrinkles.  It came straight off the Q-snaps and right to the floor for it's glamour shot tonight.  I decided to shoot it sideways since straight up and down would make one side look wrong.  I'm obsessive like that.

It's been crazy hot around here this week.  I passed a clock/thermometer tonight that said it was 102!  I kid you not.  We don't get heat like that in these parts.  I've not been setting the world on fire this week because of it.  There's just something about the heat that just zaps any inkling of motivation right out of a person!  Thank goodness for air-conditioning.

Stay cool everybody and Happy Friday!

The Inspired Stitcher

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Looking really pretty!
It's hot down here too - it poured down at work today. 2 miles south-west, where my house (= my garden!) is located we got zip! Sigh...

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

Looks wonderful! (and I love your scissor fob)

It has really just rained here for the last 2 weeks in London but I don't envy your really hot weather

Mouse said...

oooo that is soooo pretty .. must try and find that pattern ..... I'm getting into these big style .. and scissor fob is cute have you made that ??? love mouse xxxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi, I've awarded you the "Stylish Blogger" award and sent some of my followers over to see you!
I loved your post on "inspiration" and thought more people should read your blog!
I'm now looking into joining the Sampler group you mentioned in a previous post, thanks for the link!
www.serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com