Monday, July 25, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award or Someone thinks I'm worthy!

I've been given the Stylish Blogger Award!  Thank you to Jo at Serendipitous Stitching, for naming me as a Stylish blogger.  I don't quite know what more to say.


So it is my understanding that I'm to thank the person who gave me the award, that would be Jo (done).  Then tell everyone 7 things about myself  and pass it on to 15 other bloggers.

The 7 things shouldn't be a problem.  The 15 part...well that's another story!  Let's play along and see where this goes.

Part one...7 things about me...

1)  I was born on my parents 5th wedding anniversary.


2)  I've had a quote published by Franklin Covey on one of their planner pages right after 9/11.


3)  I can read French better than I can speak it.  That was proven the two times I've visited France.


4)  I dearly love dark chocolate.


5)  I love the smell of rain, clean sheets and lily of the valley.


6)  I started out as a stitcher, then got carried away to the quilt world for 23 years, became a quilt historian, then I came back to stitching again 2 years ago.  I still quilt on occasion.

7)   I didn't even know how to stitch on linen until 2 years ago.  That was also the first time I'd ever worked a specialty stitch.


Okay, part two...

I need to name some other stylish bloggers now.  Here goes and in no particular order either.  There will be no hurt feelers today...okay!

Marsha of Everybody Loved Clark because she was the first of the peeps to have a blog and encouraged me to do the same.

Jenny of One Stitch Closer to Nirvana because she was the second of the peeps to have a blog and she's really good at guilting other people into starting their own blog.  Ahem!  Yes, I'm talking about Tiara in June girlfriend.

Christie of Indigo Rain because she was the third peep to start a blog and for saying "If I can do it, you can do it."  Yeah, you were right.

Lisa S of  Lisa's Cross Stitch Paradise  because she and I are so alike it's scary!  I think it's a "Lisa thing."  She also encouraged me to start a blog a long, long time ago too.

Conni of Spinster Stitcher because she's got that wicked sense of humor that I totally "get."  I can always count on her for a good giggle and her dog is just hilarious too. 

Peggy Lee of Kentucky Sampler because she's a sweetie.  I really admire her for the line of work she does in real life and that she's a supporter of our veterans too!

Edgar of Blacksheep's bit of the Web because my day is not complete until I've checked in on Edgar.  He's always up to something fun.

Jolene of Dip Diddly Designs because she's just as neat in real life as she is on her blog.  We actually met each other by accident at Shepherd's Bush last year!


Well, there's eight...one for each thing plus one for good measure.  So go check these stylish people out and tell them I sent you over to say "hi!"

Also, if I've named you and you'd rather not play along, know that I won't get my feelers hurt over it.  Okay?!   Thanks again, Jo!  This was a fun activity. 

The Inspired Stitcher

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad you enjoyed it! The 7 things were most interesting. I totally agree about the French thing, I follow some French blogs and seem to know alot of the words by sight!

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

Hello - I'm one of Jo's nominees too, so nice to meet you fellow awardee, I'm enjoying reading your blog :)