I'm back with more tales today. Friday morning after breakfast, we settled in for some serious stitching. At each of our places around the table we found a folder containing the chart and stitch diagrams for our first group project. It also contained this homemade stitching folder!
Belinda, our hostess, made these for all of us. It contained some pins, needles, silk and cotton flosses for our weekend's projects. These are some of my favorite colors. I just love it!
This was our first group project. Belinda designed it for us. I love the tiny fat robins and the acorn finials! I am just over the moon when it comes to acorns. Here's what the verse says:
Birds of a Feather
stitch together
all on a hot
summer's day
They will sit and sew
little xxx's in a row
at the
Stitcher's Getaway
Russellville, KY
2011
The Shoppe on the Square Boutique
A couple of us decided to take a break and walk uptown to do some shopping. We heard that The Shoppe on the Square was having a 50% off sale on retired Vera Bradley. Of course we just had to go check that out! I didn't find any Vera that flipped my skirt but I did find these cute earrings for 50% off!
Rare Pearls Antiques
My treaures
I was so thrilled when I found the heart shaped tea infuser. Jenny had given me some special loose leaf tea that I've been wanting to try but couldn't find my tea ball. This will be just perfect for that. Love that heart shape. I've never been a coffee drinker but I do love my tea!
I also thought the tin was cute with the little girl stitching on it. I'm not wild about the painted bear on the shaker box lid but I thought I could stitch something to cover it up. It will be nice to add to my Shaker box collection. The best part was I got the whole haul for less than $10!
Mini spittoon?
One of my main reasons for visiting the antiques store was to see if I could find something to use to collect my orts (orts = Old Raggedy Threads). I know, I could just pile them on the table or put them in a plastic cup but it gave me an excuse to shop, dontcha ya know!
I saw this little aluminum thing that, in my eyes, looks like a mini spittoon. I don't know what it really is but that's what we called it. It's great for catching orts!
Here's the spittoon next to the Ott-Lite so you can see the size. The stocking hanging off the light unfortunately is not mine. Some of the girls last year drew names to do an exchange. This was what my neighbor got! Isn't it cute?
Here are some of the other things folks made and exchanged:
Yes, there were some really talented stitchers in the group. Just look at these creative finishes! I didn't get pictures of all of them but suffice it to say they were all drool-worthy. I would have been happy with any one of them!
Since this post is getting a bit lengthy, I'll sign off here and post more later. I hope you've enjoyed the trip so far!
The Inspired Stitcher
6 comments:
Oh my goodness, that stitching folder is soo cute!
I'm a huge Jody Coyote fan. My sister used to work at the Merchandise Mart (in Atlanta, where lots of gift shops get their stuff), and she could get them for next to nothing!
love your stitching folder and all the little "finds" too :)every ones stitching is lovely and sooo glad that you had a brill time :0 and i just love the saying on the bell pull sampler really cute :0 love mouse xxxx
Love that stitching folder and that bell pull pattern!
Wonderful exchanges were made for sure!
Looking forward to the rest of your trip!
Hugs
What a lovely poem! and such nice stitched stuff. Good things definitely came to those who stitched!
Hi all!
Thank you all very much for the lovely comments. I'm still trying to figure this all out. I'm having a lot of fun though.
You had a time of your life. I've no doubt about it.
Post a Comment