Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Capturing the color

This was yesterday's attempt.

So I came home tonight and started experimenting while my dinner was in the oven.  Yes, I know it's hotter than three hells outside and what am I doing heating up the kitchen.  That's another discussion.  Let's get back to the pictures shall we?

This one's for Mouse.

Okay then, so this picture is for Mouse.  She suggested I lay the fabric directly on the scanner.  So I did and this is what it looks like.  It's better.   I really appreciate the good suggestion!

This one is for Jenny.
(Yes, I put my stitching on the concrete driveway.  If you are gasping, go lay down until the feeling passes.)

I took this picture especially for Jenny.  She wanted me to show how big the fabric piece is.  It's 27 inches long by 18 inches wide.  The actual stitched part is 9 by 9 inches square.  This attempt is pretty good color wise too. 

The best result of them all!
(Yes, now the stitching is laying on the boxwood bush.  Go back to laying down if you gasped again!)

This is the most accurate color I was able to capture.  There is more of a golden color to this attempt which is what it actually looks like in person...at least to my eyes anyway.  I do have the advantage of having the actual fabric in front of me too.

So there you have it.  My very unscientific attempt to capture an accurate linen color.  Pretty interesting!  Thanks to the comments on my last post for the suggestions that prompted this experiment.

On a side note, after dinner I'm going to finish packing my suitcase.  I'm going out of town with some of my stitching peeps for a weekend stitcher's retreat.  I'll have tales to tell when I get back.

There went the timer.  Dinner's ready!

More later,
The Inspired Stitcher

4 comments:

Mouse said...

oooo well done on the experiment :) usually out side is better(try not to get full sun on it as it will bleach the colours out a bit ) and nope I didn't gasp hehehe . have a great retreat and can't wait to see the photos and what you get done :) love mouse xxxx

Jenny said...

That scanner experiment is really interesting - need to remember that one! Thanks for sharing & have a great and stitchy weekend~ :-)

Chris said...

What beautiful stitching!
I hope you had a great stitching getaway.

MysteryKnitter said...

Looks awesome!