Monday, July 4, 2011

It's a Quaker Cube!

Here's what it looked like when it was flat!

Here it is finished!


Quaker Cube
40 ct. Flax Linen
DMC 115
Started: 7/2/11
Finished: 7/4/11 

I was rooting around in the stash looking for something else when I ran across the charts for this project.  I've had these freebie charts for a while now.  They came from Stitch-Creations' blog.  She posted the individual charts as a SAL series back in April 2009 (You'll need to click through several posts to get all the pieces).  Her blog is in Dutch but the SAL entries are written in English too!

The original is charted to become a pin cube but I decided I wanted to make it into a fob/ornament.  I had taken a class with Janie Hubble of The Cat's Whiskers on Valentine's Day in 2009.  Part of our class piece was a cube shaped scissor fob.  I've always wanted to do another one and this weekend the creativity bug bit me so I arranged the pieces from this SAL into a cube shape and got to stitching.  I'm pretty pleased with the results.  I hope this inspires you to see something in your stash in a new way!


The Inspired Stitcher

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow Lisa - super-cute! And awesome that you have a blog!!! Congratulations!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Jenny,
Thanks for the comment! You are my very first one. Giggles!!

Marsha said...

I'm so excited. See me jumping up and down in a sitting position on my couch?! The cube is so awesome. You are so talented. I love it! And you're HERE!, in blog land! Yeah!

MysteryKnitter said...

Awesome little cube! You can stitch!