Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday night stitch-in

Christie and Marsha clowning around

Last night was our guild's monthly night stitch-in.  It is a good excuse to get together with the peeps and laugh a bit as you can see.  I always try to make it if I can because there are folks that come who I don't see any other place.

Show and tell table

We usually have a show and tell table where folks bring their latest finishes or works in progress.  In the foreground you can see one of our talented members' Blackbird Designs monthly stockings ready for finishing.  I'm sure they will be gorgeous when she gets them done.  She does beautiful work.

The albatross finally finished!  You go girl!!!

Here's one that I've watched from its beginning.  It's by The Heart's Content and it's tiny!  Like around 3"x 3" kinda tiny.  It's stitched over one!  Look at all those color changes.  The gal that finished this one says that she is now officially cross-eyed.  I'm giving that her the "Go Girl Award!"  All I can say is W-O-W!


My I Sigh Not for Beauty progress

See that green leaf in the lower right corner, yeah I did that last night.  Yes, I did a lot more socializing than I did stitching.  What can I say?

I'm stitching this as part of the SAL (Stitch-A-Long) Ellen Chester has going with her newsletter subscribers.  I've really been enjoying this format.  I feel like I can still work on other things while making progress on this bigger project.  This is my first large project.  Up till now I've mostly stitched smalls.  The monthly assignments are working for me.  I work better when I have a goal to shoot for.  I'm like that dontcha know.

Ellen is a member of the guild so it's been fun this year to compare progress.  There are at least four of us in the guild stitching on this same project.  If you go back to this post of Ellen's you can see them all together at a guild meeting eariler this year.

You'll have to keep your eye on Marsha's blog for more pictures.  I think she took some better ones than I did.  Needless to say we had a ton of fun and I got to bed way too late to post anything yesterday.

The Inspired Stitcher

1 comment:

Lisa S said...

Lucky you that you have somewhere to get together with other stitchers! I wish there was something close by for me.I use to go to a shop every Saturday and sit and stitch with a bunch of ladies but then the shop moved further away from me. I try to stop in when I am down that way but sadly it is not too often.
Love the BBD stockings and that xmas tree is gorgeous! Over 1 stitching looks so elegant to me.
Love how your SAL is coming along! I didn't know Ellen had a newsletter ? I love her designs!

Hugs