She decided to turn the guesses into a giveaway. She offered to send a surprise package to the silliest guess and the first correct guess.
Image from Lucy's Lampshade
Being in a silly mood and just having come from Shelby's "graduation" from puppy school, I guessed a prop used in dog agility. You know, something for a really fancy dog show dontcha know!
Well, guess what, I was picked as the best silly answer! The real answer is a banjo stand. Isn't that cool?! Her hubby made this! I'd say he's a very talented woodworker. Isn't it beautiful?!
So you might be wondering, what did she send?
Well, I'm thrilled to share it with you...
Just check out all this goodness she tucked into the envelope! I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a real nutcase. I squealed and jumped up and down when I opened the package. Everything inside is just so me!
Check out the sewing pattern she sent! I'm not familiar with Heather Bailey patterns but I'm sure glad I know about them now.
I just love that it has the pattern for the pear, apple, tomato and the strawberry pincushion inside! I can't decide which of these cuties I want to make first!
The chart has a special story behind it. A while back Lucy left a comment on one of my posts about my Whitman's sewing box and a conversation was started. She told me her coworker designed that pattern! Imagine how cool that would be?!
So when I won she mentioned she might have to go shopping over at Clara's house! This is what she found for me! I had mentioned this chart had been on my wish list forever. In her enclosed note, she told me it is out of print. Imagine how lucky I feel now!
Thank you so much, Lucy! You picked absolutely prefect things to send me. I feel so spoiled! I love each and everything you sent! Please extend my thanks to Clara too. Everything is so appreciated!!!
I'm off to our LNS's first Friday stitch-in tonight. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Thank you so much for stopping by to visit with me today.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
5 comments:
I can honestly say I NEVER would have guessed a banjo stand! I like what you guessed though. A lot of thought went in to your winnings...lucky girl!
Hope you have a blast at the stitch-in. Wish I had something like that in these parts but alas I am a lone stitcher.
Wow! I never would have guessed either! Good for you. Have a great weekend. :)
Ok, that is really cool! Who would have guessed a banjo stand! Did anyone guess??? It's pretty too! Love your prize winnings for sure! Good and fun guess!
heheheh once you said what it was I knew ...lol but love your answer heheheh
and what a lovely prize she sent you too ....
hope you enjoyed your stitch in :)
love mouse xxxxx
who is trying to catch up with every one ..
I never even knew there was such a thing as a banjo stand!! I love your answer--so glad it won you such lovely gifts, Lisa :)
Post a Comment