Monday, July 2, 2012

It's my blogoversary!



Today marks one year I've been at this blogging thing. I can hardly believe a whole year has whooshed past already!

When I started this blog I never in a million years would have imagined there would be anyone but the peeps reading it! I know everybody says that, but it's true!!!  Really!

Today I have 108 followers and a countless number of folks who visit but are silent! I know you are out there because some of you have identified yourselves! LOL!

In the past year there have been many ups, a few downs, and lots of stitching!

~*~*~*~

I don't know about you but I love to reflect back at the beginning of a new year and since I'm a statistics loving gal here are a few just for giggles...

I've had 46 new starts, 43 finishes, 33 completed pieces, and 10 WIPs (give or take a few).  Not too shabby!

I've attended three stitching retreats (four if you count my one woman retreat), joined two SALs (completed one), and attended two classes (both with Sheri Jones).

On a personal level, I lost both my father-in-laws (within a month of each other) and adopted our furbaby, Shelby (in that same month).  Yep, see downs followed by ups!

The ranch underwent a couple changes too.  We put in a new front door ourselves and took down a tree ourselves.  Yep, I don't mind weilding a hammer or using the four wheel drive!  LOL!

I took a trip where I got to see both great quilts and great stitching.  I'd say that was just about as much fun as one person ought to be allowed to have!

Plus, I got to visit two new-to-me stitch shops this past year too!  Waves to The Strawberry Sampler and The Crafty Ewe!

~*~*~*~

It really was, for the most part, a very good year!  All this to say, I've been incredibly blessed and I am incredibly thankful too.  I have "met" some wonderful stitchers through blogging and made some great friendships too.  You all never cease to inspire me both with your personal fortitude and your stitching.  This blog world is amazing to me!

So in the tradition of the blogosphere, I'm going to do my first ever giveaway!  So here's the deal, I'd like you to leave a comment on this post only.  Please tell me you want to be entered in the drawing.  Of course you can tell me other stuff too!  LOL!

I'll give you all a week to throw your names in the hat.  I'll draw a week from today.   You don't have to be a follower, but if you want to that would okay by me.  You don't need to have a blog either.  Just make sure I can contact you by email.  Okay?  That's it!

Oh yeah, what do you win?  Well, at this point it's a mystery.  I'm going to see what I can come up with.  I can assure you it will be things I love since this is my big day after all!  LOL!

~*~*~*~

Thanks you all for being here!  I'd especially like to thank those of you that have been with me from the early days and continute to visit.  Each and every comment I read makes my day and I appreciate the time you spend reading and leaving me a little note!  They make this blogging thing a whole lot of fun!


More later,

The Inspired Stitcher





30 comments:

Christie said...

Congrats on your blogoversary! You sure have had a busy first half of the year. Hugs!!

lynda said...

I really enjoy your blog and love seeing the stitching you share. And I'd love to be included in your drawing too. Happy blogoversary!

Carol said...

Congratulations on your one year blogoversary, Lisa! It's been fun to get to know you over the past year (and thanks so much for introducing me to Susan Branch's lovely blog!!)...

Of course I would love to be included in your giveaway--thanks for the chance and here's to the start of a new year filled with wonderful stitching adventures!

Margaret said...

It's fun to read about how your first year of blogging went. Definitely ups and downs! Happy blogoversary! I'd love to be included in the giveaway, of course. :D

Mouse said...

oooo well done on getting to your first blogaversary :)
of course I want my name thrown in the hat hehehehe
my ups is after 3 years have finally got a new job , we got our furbaby this year too and the light is nearer to the end of the tunnel :)
love mouse xxxxx

Marilyn said...

Happy 1st Blogoversary!!!
I love reading your blog and seeing all of your finishes.
I would love to be included in your drawing.
Murf_2@ameritech.net
Marilyn

Denise said...

Happy Blogversary! I love the way you linked back to your posts - an inspired idea! lol And your idea of a one woman retreat - that's something I can do. Gotta love Crafty Ewe - my favorite LNS. If you want to throw my name in your hat - please do so!

Amy said...

I enjoy reading your blog .You have inspired me to stitch some things and download some things. Congratulations on your blogiversary.
Please put me in your drawing. Thanks!
Amy

Deb said...

Congratulations! You have certainly had quite a first year. Please add me to your drawing.

Laura said...

Congratulations on the anniversary of your blog.
Please Sign me up in the draw.
Hugs.

Vickie said...

Hooray for you! Please include me in the drawing. I find your blog inspiring and I am a follower. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on your first blogaversary! I like the idea of linking to your highlights and I love statistics too.

Highs of my last year? Getting a part-time job I enjoy.
Lows? Having to get a part-time job in the first place LOL.

JOLENE said...

Happy, Happy Blogoversary Numero Uno! I would love to be entered in your drawing. Looking forward to seeing you in UT later this year. It will be fun to catch up if our paths cross. Smiles....

Anonymous said...

I want to be in your blogaversary give-away. You know I think you do beautiful work! You know how to contact me too!

Hugs, Patti aka Froggy

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lisa! You are amazing. 43 finishes -- wow! Just Inspired and also inspiring :-)

Martha

Lisa V said...

Congrats on your 1st year blogging. I have enjoyed your blog. I'm sorry for the bad news in the year for you.
I would love to be included in your giveaway please, I am a follower already.
Many thanks

marly said...

Happy anniversary to blogging! Very nice post.

Judy said...

Happy 1 year blogoversary! Great job of sharing..especially all of your beautiful stitching and finishing. Will look forward to the coming year! I would be thrilled to be entered into your drawing..thanks you for the opportunity.

Judy heartland stitcher

Anne said...

Great stats you got there! Congrats on your One Year Blogoversary!! Whoohoo! I would love to be entered in your giveaway!

Hugs

Anne

Annette-California said...

Happy Anniversary Lisa - 1 yr blog old:)) Always a pleasure to see & read what you've stitched, where you've gotten to go and how your doing! I'm a follower for your blog already and yes I would like to be included for your giveaway.
love Annette

Giovanna said...

Happy blog anniversary! It's always a great pleasure to visit your corner of the blogosphere.

Shirlee said...

Happy Blogoversary! This is one of the nicest blogoversary posts I have ever read : ) Please do include me in the drawing for your giveaway!

Cathy B said...

Congrats on one year. It's amazing at how fast time flies by; I think I have been at it for six years now. It has really opened up a whole new world of stitching friends!

I always enjoy coming to your blog to see what you are stitching on. Of course, I'm rather partial to the Shelby posts too! (love dogs!)

Please count me in. Congratulations!

Marsha said...

Can't believe it's a year already! I knew you could and that people would love it and you,

Penny said...

Congratulations on your blogoversary!! Blogging is pretty fun and you do meet some pretty nice people too! :) And I'm going to turn over a new leaf and say yes, please enter me in your drawing. :)

Kay said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I would love to be included in your giveway, I follow by email. I love surprises so it will be fun to see what the prize is.
ks(dot)eyles(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

Terri said...

I would love to be entered into your giveaway! tpatterson1961@gmail.com

I have been a follower for a while and I love your work! Happy Blogaversary!!

Lisa S said...

Happy bloggoversary Lisa!! I can't believe it has been a year already for you. See I told you it wouldn't be so bad.
It is nice going back and looking at what has gone on in the past year stitching wise and everything else.

I'd love to be entered into your giveaway!

Hugs

Mindi said...

Congratulations on your 1 year blogoversary! Its definitely been a year of ups and downs.

I'd love to be entered into your first giveaway.

geeky Heather said...

Oh rats, I think I missed your giveaway deadline, but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on one year!!!