Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hedgerow Birds Side One

Designer:  Blackbird Designs
Design:  Hedgerow Birds Project Bag
Fabric:  20 ct. Straw by Weeks Dye Works
Floss:  Gentle Art and Crescent Colors
Started:  4/21/11
Finished:  7/1/11

I started this on our road trip to Iowa on Easter weekend and finished it last Friday at the monthly stitch-in held at my LNS.  The funny thing about this picture is that the fabric in real life is much more yellow.  I could not for the life of me get a good photo of it.  I really like the pink and purple floss colors in this one too.

 
 Here is a picture of the whole project.

I need to start on side two next!  Using the large count and large needle were both firsts for me.  I feel like I'm using a dagger to stitch this compared to my usual size 28 needles!  Funny what you get used to.

The Inspired Stitcher

7 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

The pinks/purples in this one are lovely. Got to love Blackbird designs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi, new follower here. Nirvana Jenny sent me from her blog!

I love your cube ornament and the Hedgerow Birds too. I find with alot of fabrics I get a more accurate colour if I scan them direct to my computer from the printerscanner we have rather than using a camera.

www.serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Welcome blue star stitcher and Jo!

blue star stitcher - I do love me some Blackbird designs!

Jo - I'm going to try that scanning tip. I hadn't considered that. Thanks for the idea!

Mouse said...

oooo love that chart :) and the scanning good for a better idea of the colour or having camera set on macro and take in day light :) love mouse xxxx
www.talesofastitchingmouse.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Looks lovely, Lisa! I did actually stitch on the front last week too. I have only gotten the border and the lower flower branches done though... Good to get some inspiration to get back to it! :-)

I agree that the photos of the linen look completely different from the actual, golden color. I also find it funny how the piece "shrinks" in the pictures. You'll have to hold up the piece for size in your next pic! ;-)

Take care and talk with you in a bit! Hugs!!!

geeky Heather said...

Those floss colors are gorgeous! Congratulations on finishing the first side.

MysteryKnitter said...

Looks awesome!