Tuesday, July 19, 2011

There's a fob for that

I belong to a small group known as The Tiara Club or just Tiara for short.  One of the peeps pulled a practical joke on one of the other peeps before I joined the group.  She made a stitcher's tool belt with fobs on literally everything.  (I wish I could have seen this in person.)  So now we have a running joke about fobs being on everything in a stitcher's tool box.



Well, I just had to make this fob and I'll tell you why.  They say necessity is the mother of invention and I'm here to tell you it's true.

If you own a Star De-Tailer you know how small it is.  If you don't and you are like me, one who stitches right down to the nub,  get thee one!  You won't be sorry.  I don't know how I managed to stitch without one.

Anyway,  I kept losing mine in the couch cushions.  I'd settle into my nest and start stitching only to find my Star went missing.  So I got out my bead box and made myself a little fob and solved that problem!  So yes, there really is a fob for that!

The Inspired Stitcher

3 comments:

geeky Heather said...

ROTFL! I love, love, LOVE the detailor fob! It is a very good idea.

You are making me think of needle fobs now! Hahaha!

Mouse said...

ooo you need to pop over to http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com as she has awarded as stylish blogger award :) and love the fob tooo :) went to look it up after read your post :) love mouse xxx

Marsha said...

Now that's adorable.