Thursday, December 20, 2012

Just Nan Gingerbread Mouse Done!

Well folks, I've been a naughty girl.  Instead of wrapping presents last night I finished the mouse.  I just couldn't help myself.  You just have to see this cuteness!  You'll understand, I know you will.

Design:  Gingerbread Mouse
Designer:  Just Nan
Fabric: 32ct. Almond
Floss:  DMC & Kreinik
Started:  12/9/12
Finished:  12/16/12
Completed:  12/19/12

Now tell me, if you had the choice of wrapping presents or finishing this cute thing, which would you choose?  I know!  This one could easily be done start to finish in a couple days if it weren't holiday time.  I even brought her to work with me today so I could enjoy her at my desk.  I'm a dork like that dontcha know.

Here's how she started the evening.  Looks like a sail mouse to me.  LOL!

Here she is with the chart cover.  See how tiny she is?!

Here's a closer look with a quarter for size reference.  She can actually sit on top of that quarter!  Look at that cute little mouse belly and those wiskers!  Squeals!!!


Here she is balanced sideways.  She measures about an inch and a half from nose to bottom.  I'm impressed she balanced like that.  Must be the way I sewed the button weight on the bottom.  Too dang cute!

Thanks again, Christie for remembering my birthday and for gifting this kit to me early.  I really had a fun time stitching her.  I can't wait till you to see her in person!

Well I guess I'd better try to redeem myself off the naughty list and get on with it already.  I hope you enjoyed seeing this little cutie and I hope Santa brings you some stitchy goodness next week!  Thanks for visiting with me today!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

19 comments:

Marsha said...

Now that's adorable!

llknbillburg said...

I haven't bought a Just Nan anything in quite some time. But this is just so cute I may have to break down and see if I can find one!! Just darling!! Laura

Giovanna said...

A really cute finish, congrats!

Mouse said...

awwwwww I can see why ... she really is adorable isn't she ... :) love mouse xxxx

Annette-California said...

Oh my goodness I didn't realize how tiny the mouse was. Yep I can see why to:) Now I have better go wrap gifts myself - but reading these lovely blogs is so much more fun!!!
love Annette

natalysneedle said...

I love her!! How cute and delicate.
Merry Christmas!

marly said...

Just too cute!!! I can't believe how small she is!

Laurie in Iowa said...

She's adorable!

Shirlee said...

That mouse is WAY too cute : )

Deborah said...

Just to darn cute!

Lisa V said...

Aww too cute!!
Merry Christmas dear friend.

Lucy May said...

I have been out of blogging touch for awhile. Got to catch up this morning cause it is the first day of Holiday break from school! The mouse is wonderful, cute, gotta do, fun! I will be looking for that chart!
Have a wonderful Holiday!

Carol said...

Oh, he is so teeny and adorable, Lisa!! What a great finish :)

Vickie said...

ooOoo! Great job Lisa.

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, she is just sooooooo adorable!!! Love her! That was fast!

Nicola said...

It is so beautiful I don't think you can get the kit now otherwise I would make one too.

Judy said...

Mouse wins over wrapping!! Way too cute. Hope your wrapping got done. Happy holiday.

Judy heartland stitcher

Andrea said...

That's the sort of mouse I can deal with. Gorgeous finish, cute and oh so sweet.

Mindi said...

Love the mouse! I broke down and bought the kit, since my family called me Mindi Mouse when I was a kid.