Wednesday, August 10, 2011

All day stitch-in

Since I mentioned the stitch-in the other day I thought you might like to see some of the beautiful things I saw.  Mind you, I'm not going to put the stitcher's names to the pieces to protect the innocent!  So be warned, this is a picture heavy post.  Enjoy!

Show and Tell





I'm pretty sure the same person made all of these above.





A different person made all these pincushions/fobs and the box.  She's been really productive lately!


You'll recognize some of these as mine.


I liked the two flags side by side.  It was fun to see the different layout choices.



I watched this one grow.  I've got it on my "to do" list.


A completed Mystery Sampler.


I also watched this one grow too.  Isn't it great?


This one blew my hair back.  I'll let you go visit her blog to hear more about it and see a better picture.

***

Of course, when you go to a stitch-in you have to walk around the room and check out everyone's stuff.  The common phrase heard was "what are you working on?"  Here are a couple that caught my eye.

This one is by the same person who did the goldwork lion above.


Here's another one I've enjoyed watching progress.

***

I love smalls.  Here are some of my favorites.









I am totally in love with this one.  I want to stitch it so bad I can't stand it.  I was told it is a Lizzie Kate kit.  I looked on the Lizzie Kate website and it's called "K24 - Acorn Scissor Case Kit."  [The fob was by a different designer.]

If anyone knows where I could find one please let me know!  I'm afraid I've once again fallen in love with the impossible to find.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I saw at the stitch-in.  We really do have some amazingly talented stitchers in our guild.  Many of them are my peeps too!

The Inspired Stitcher

4 comments:

Lisa S said...

What gorgeous pieces you have shown here! Such talented stitchers.
Sorry I can't help with the LK your looking for ;(

Hugs

Jenny said...

Wow - those are some gorgeous finishes! I hope that I'll get to see them in person later on this year...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Never apologise for a picture heavy post when they are as gorgeous as those!
I've been watching that lion grow on the blog too.

Ellen said...

Lisa,

It was fun seeing all the show and tell projects. Just wish that I could have been there in person, but we had our 10-month old grandson here for the weekend.

I've heard wonderful reports about the day.