Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Cricket Collection - Petite Acorn Finish!


Design:  Petite Acorn
Designer:  The Cricket Collection
Fabric:  32 ct. cream linen
Floss:  My own conversion of WDW & DMC (1 over 1)
Started:  8/28/11
Finished: 8/29/11
Completed: 8/31/11

If you remember back to this post when I fell in love with the Lizzie Kate scissor case, you'll also notice the incredibly cute acorn scissor fob in the picture.  The more I looked at that picture the more I thought I recognized that acorn.  So I went through my binder of Guild newsletters and I found it!

Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm crazy for acorns.  I always have been.  I collect charts with acorns and pretty much anything else if it has an acorn on it.  That's why I saved this particular newsletter.

On my Kelmscott Storklettes.  So cute!

When I started pulling the called for floss for this one, I decided I would really rather the colors coordinate with the pumpkin scissor case.  So since I still had that floss out I decided to use some of it.  I'm like that dontcha know!

I'm so pleased with the way it turned out!
 
I've been doing some exchange/gift stitching since last week but I can't show any of it yet.  I'll be sure to share as soon as I can.  You can count on it!

Thank you to everyone who stops by!  It makes me happy to share my stitching with folks who appreciate and enjoy it as much as I do.  Your comments really make my day.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

6 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, I adore your tiny fob--it is just so cute! Perfect for those teeny stork scissors :)

Lisa S said...

How adorable is that!!Your right it does coordinate with the LK scissor case! Nice work!
Hugs

Jenny said...

Very cute and oh, so tiny! LOL
CEC is one of my all-time favorite designers!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a cute little scissor fob. I will now be looking out for acorn charts along with sheep and crows for 2 other bloggers!

Marsha said...

That is one stinkin' cute acorn. Just wait til you see what I got as a tiny gift for you at the retreat. BTW, it's Amanda's birthday on the 8th (I'm pretty sure)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Very sweet scissor fob! Love how tiny it is. Very nicely done :)