"Busy Bee" by Lorri Birmingham
I thought I would share with you a couple of finishes from the archives. When I travel I like to take a small stitching project with me. Both of these were car projects on different vacations a couple years apart.
The first one is a tin topper that came as a kit. It's stitched on Aida with DMC as kitted. It worked well in the car since I could easily see the holes without stabbing myself.
This was my first tin topper finish. I finished it after we got home of course. It's not the greatest finish job in the world but I attribute that to the Aida not smoothing around the corners very well.
The second one is a fob I made for BeckySC as a thank you for having won a giveaway she did last year (it was a most generous giveaway). I stitched this one on a random linen scrap. I think it might have been 28 or 32 ct. I used the exact same called for DMC.
I decided to turn it into a fob instead of a tin topper. I used different bees on this one too. These are from Just Another Button Company. The ones on the tin are charms that came in the kit. I actually like the buttons a little bit better.
I'm sharing this with you today to encourage you to try finishing something differently than what is recommended. The results can sometimes be just as cute if not cuter!
Thanks for stopping by!
The Inspired Stitcher
2 comments:
ohhh very cute :) have seen some of her others in charts but not made up :) love mouse xxxx
They are so sweet - and I agree with you about the bee buttons; thay are sdorable!
Was it hard to give that pretty fob away?
Post a Comment