Monday, August 8, 2011

Hedgerow Birds Project Bag...DONE!

Side 1


Side 2

Design: "Hedgerow Birds Project Bag"
Designer: Blackbird Designs
Fabric: 20 ct. Straw by Weeks Dye Works
Floss:  Called for Crescent Colors and Gentle Art
Started: 4/21/11
Finished: 7/31/11
Finishing Completed: 8/7/11

I am thrilled to show you my completed BBD project bag!  I got the rick rack and lining attached at the guild stitch-in on Saturday.  I did the button holes and buttons last night.  I was a bit nervous cutting those button holes I cannot lie.

This was the first time I've used such a large count fabric and the first time I've dyed rick rack.  Overall, I'm really pleased with this finish!

The Inspired Stitcher

4 comments:

Christie said...

It looks fantastic Lisa. You did a great job. ~~ Christie

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It looks great. I'm always nervous about cutting fabric. Makes hardanger tricky!

Lisa S said...

I tried leaving a comment yesterday then my internet went down. I guess it didn't take.
Anyway....
You did a GORGEOUS job on that stitching bag!!!
I can completely understand you being hesitant cutting the button holes but you did them perfectly!
Way to go my friend!
Ok so now there is another chart on my wishlist :)

Ellen said...

What a wonderful bag! I love it!