Design: Halloween Costume (gifted by LisaS)
Designer: Birds of a Feather
Fabric: 40ct. Natural (1 over 2)
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 10/13/10
Finished: 10/16/10
Framed: 10/25/10 (frame gifted by Jill Rensel)
I thought I would continue with the "from the archives" theme for the week and share another autumn finish from last year. This one just grabbed me and I couldn't let it go until I'd stitched it. I'm sure you've had that experience too.
Last year I participated in The Great Pumpkin Challenge 2010 hosted by BeckySC. The challenge was to stitch at least one pumpkin themed small, finish it, then post a picture on a special album created by Becky to show off our finishes. Sadly, the album is now gone or I'd link you to it.
I framed this one myself with a frame that was gifted to me by Jill Rensel. Yes, that Jill Rensel! I got to visit her stuido last year when I went to the Shepherd's Bush Retreat. If you get the chance to visit her, you really should. She is an amazing artist! This was the first time I'd attempted to frame something and I think it turned out really cute.
I enjoy all the sweet comments you leave me and I appreciate you stopping by today.
The Inspired Stitcher
4 comments:
This is a darling pattern and you did a wonderful job on it. I must search for it as I have two black kitties that it reminds me of! Thank you for sharing.
I think this was the design that brought us together Lisa :) It has always been a favorite design of mine but now it is a favorite for a much nicer reason!
It looks great and I love the frame!
Hugs
Lisa S, you are right it was the one that brought us together. It's a favorite of mine too.
I've edited the post with a link to the one you stitched so everyone can see your cute finish!
Hugs back!
Hello! Just wanted to say thank you for your kind comments on my blog...I'm happy to have discovered your lovely blog, too :)
I love this little pumpkin guy--so cute And how nice to receive that lovely frame from Jill!
Post a Comment