Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pumpkin Keeper...Finish!


Design:  Pumpkin Keeper Freebie
Designer:  The Drawn Thread
Fabric: 36 ct. Summer Khaki
Floss:  Random over-dyed.  Stitched one over two
Started:  6/2/11
Finished: 8/2/11

This one was my lunch hour work project.  Stitching at lunch is a stress reliever for me.   It was a quick stitch even though the dates above don't reflect that.  Obviously, I didn't get to work on it everyday but it still came with me anyway.

I'm still on the fence as to how I'll do the finishing.  I'm leaning toward a pincushion instead of the called for fob finish.  I'm not in a particular hurry.  I've got some other stitchy things that need my attention more right now.

I've even got my next lunch time project picked out and kitted.  Do you start thinking about your next project before you finish your current one?  I imagine I'm not the only one that does this.

The Inspired Stitcher

4 comments:

Christie said...

Looks great Lisa. Can't wait to see how you finish it. I am sure it will be beautiful like all your finishes ~~ Christie

Jenny said...

I love the DT freebies! Actually, DT were the first "serious" samplers I ever stitched. Most of them were never framed, but I do have 3 of them hanging in the guest-room (where I never really go... hmmm)

I think that your pumpkin would look super cute as s little diamont tuck+pillow... just sayin! LOL

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love this pumpkin.

I don't think abut my next start when I'm stitching, I'm about 4 ahead of the next one! In fact I'm now thinking about my 2012 list because I'm all thought out on 2011!

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

I really like your pumpkin, I'm not a big fan of hallowe'en stitching, but this one is cute. I'm sure however you finish it, it'll turn out great.

Think about the next project? I'm thinking about the next 5! :)