Harvest Pumpkins Floss Tag freebie by Daffycat
Fabric: Random 28 ct. from the stash pile
The fabric in the background is the backing fabric
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 9/19/09
Finished: 9/22/09
Completed: 9/19/10
I've really been in a fall mood lately. I got to thinking about things I worked on this time last year. So I went digging in the archives and found this little cutie.
Since I mentioned Daffycat yesterday, I thought you might like to see the floss tag freebie she designed. It's still on her blog if you want to pop over there and get one for yourself. It's a quick stitch and the finishing was a snap!
I got on a stitching tear in 2009. I hadn't done any stitching since the early 80s. I also had just had a "big-O" birthday and decided I wanted to get back to doing things that I'd once enjoyed.
I had always wanted to learn to stitch on linen so I decided to "prove it to myself" that I could do it. Well, I did and I've not looked back since. All this to explain why there was such a time difference in the stitching and the actual finishing.
I don't know why I waited so long. Silly me, all I really needed was a good tutorial. The internet is such a wonderful thing!
Here are three I found really helpful and maybe you will too. Go check out Snippets and Stash, or The Twisted Stitcher or Anitalittlestitches. These ladies all have great floss ring tag tutorials.
Thanks for stopping by today!
The Inspired Stitcher
2 comments:
i really like that, I should stitch up some things like that and make my stash more attractive, I don't even have a scissor fob!
i know what you mean about feeling the fallish, it may be august, but the air is definitely starting to feel autumnal here in london.
I love your floss tag! Beautiful work. I have one that I won on a giveaway that Vonna had--I LOVE it.
I'm definitely in an autumnal mood here, too. We've had such a lousy summer that it seems like it should be fall. I am eager to put away the short sleeved shirts and get back into my sweaters.
Post a Comment