Monday, August 22, 2011

I Sigh Not For Beauty...progress

Design:  I Sigh Not for Beauty
Designer:  C Street Samplerworks
Progress as of 8/21/11

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  As I mentioned on Friday, I kicked off the weekend with a Tiara club stitch-in.  I have to say getting there was a test of patience and dedication.

What usually takes me around an hour took me more than two hours!  I ran into construction that caused a backup of the most frustrating kind...three lanes of bumper-to-bumper parking lot for miles kind.

It was so bad that my car overheated and I had to pull over at the first opportunity to let it cool down!  I guess this proves I'm a really dedicated stitcher and I was determined to hang with my peeps one way or another!

All the stress of the drive melted away once I settled into stitch.  We laughed more Friday night than I've laughed in a very long time.  You'll have to go visit Jenny to see what was so funny.  Poor thing, we really razzed her a lot.  Needless to say she felt the need to clarify lest others had the same misconception our hostess had about her.  Giggles!

Even though I did a fair amount of socilizing, I did get a good bit of stitching accomplished as evidenced by the above picture.  I decided Saturday morning to continue the progress a bit more!  I'm still loving this sampler and I especially love the SAL format.

***

On an unrelated note,  I'm a creature of habit when it comes to my breakfast choices.  I actually don't really like to eat first thing in the morning but make myself most days.  Here's what I had this morning.  Notice anything out of the ordinary?


Yep, that would be a double yolked hard boiled egg!  This is the first time in my entire life I've ever peeled an egg to find two yolks inside.  I just had to take a picture and share.  I think it's pretty cool!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Lisa, we did have a lot of fun! The sampler looks fabulous and the eggs are cool. I am so impressed that you are disciplined enough to actually set a breakfast table in the mornings. I am more of a "grab'n go" BF eater...

Siobhán said...

It's beautiful!! Wonderful progress.

That double yolked egg is pretty neat! I've never seen one, though we eat a lot of eggs.

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

I had a double yolk this week too! We were late to breakfast on Friday and they only had one egg left, my boyfriend let me have it and it had a double yolk! I thought that was pretty lucky :)

Carol said...

Oh, that is going to be one stunning sampler--love the colors in it.

I've never seen a double yolked egg--thanks for sharing your yummy looking breakfast with us :)